|Details for Changing DNS Yourself
There are several articles on the subject of purchasing, moving and managing your domain name. Please refer to the one that fits your needs best:
Once you have a domain name you will need to have your registrar point DNS for the domain name to our name servers. We can do this for you or you can do it yourself using the instructions below. Please contact us if you have any problems. We will be happy to initiate these changes for you at no cost.
Detailed instructions for the most popular domain registrars are shown below.
If your domain registrar is not listed here, or you are not sure who your registrar is, you will want to visit the "WhoIs" database. Enter the domain name and information about the name including the registrar will be displayed. Contact your registrar directly for instructions on DNS information modification procedures. (If you don't have a name, you can easily purchase one.)
Attention AOL users: AOL software prevents you from simply replying to Network Solution's message. Highlight the message you received, copy it into the body of a new email message, type email@example.com in the To: field, then hit the Send button.
- A. Make sure that your contact information is current:
- Go to the WhoIs database and enter your domain name.
- For security authentication, Network Solutions requires an email handshake with the email address of the domain owner which, unfortunately, isn't displayed. However, you should check the Administrative Contact email address because this address is usually the same as the address of the domain owner. Make sure that this email address is current and that you can access the email account.
- Do you have a password? Network Solutions has password access to a web-based method of updating your Domain Name records. If you do not have a password, do not be concerned.
- B. If you can still retrieve email at the domain owner's email address, skip to step C. If you cannot retrieve email from that address:
- If you have a password, then you can use the steps below but use the CRYPT-PWD as your authorization method.
- If you do not have a password, you will have to perform a fax authorization to change your contact information. An officer of the company that is the domain owner should send the NetSol fax form.
via fax to 571-434-4623 with copy of a signature verification such as a driver's license or official ID.
- C. To change the DNS for your Domain Name, follow the steps below.
- Go to: Network Solutions.
- Select the Manage Your Account tab from any page within the site.
- Enter your domain name in the text box, then click Go!
- Select Transfer my domain name to another ISP, then click Go!
- Enter your current, working email address, confirm the domain name, then click Go! The email address needs to match the domain owner's email address from (A) above.
- Under the Authentication Information heading, choose your Guardian method from the drop down list. MAIL-FROM should be used, unless you have a password. If you have a password, use CRYPT-PW.
- Under the Name Server Information heading, enter our DNS information.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit the Submit this Form for Processing button.
- Check your Administrative email account, and forward your Service Agreement modification request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to: Register.com.
- On left side of page: Click on ManageMyAccount
- At Domain Manager: Login enter User Name, Password and Domain you wish to transfer. If you do not remember your username/password, there is password retrieval link on this page.
- Click on Domain Name Servers (DNS)
- At Modify DNS: Click on delete for the current name servers and enter our DNS information.
- Would you like to make these changes? Click on Yes
- Are you sure you want to make these changes? Click Yes
- A confirmation email will be sent to your email address. Click on URL in the email to confirm changes.
The system will automatically add the name server's IP addresses. Please note that it will take 24 - 48 hours before the modification will completely take effect.
- Go to: Bulkregister.
- Login to your BulkRegister account using the "Secure Log In" If you do not remember your username and password, you can email email@example.com.
- Click on "list domains"
- Click on the domain name you wish to modify
- Select "to modify name servers use this form."
- Enter our DNS information.
- Check the boxes marked "click if modify"
- Click on "submit" and "apply"
- Go to: Dotster.
- Log into your Dotster account by entering your username and password in the login box in the left side navigation. If you do not remember your username/password, just click on the "login" button. The following error page will contain a password retrieval link at the bottom of the page.
- Click "Manage your domains"
- In the drop down box, choose the domain name that you are transferring.
- Click the button "Manage..."
- On the left side of the screen you will see some links, click the one that says "Name Servers."
- At the bottom of the page it will list your current name servers. "Remove" them.
- "Add" our DNS information using only the name server names NOT the IP address.
- Click update.
- Now wait up to 72 hours for the change to take place.
- Go to: Go Daddy.
- Click on: Domain Names under Products and Services
- Click on: Manage Your Account
- Login using your username and password. If you have forgotten your username/password, use the password retrieval link on this page.
- Select the domain name you are transferring from the drop down menu.
- Click on: Modify DNS Information
- Select: I'm hosting with another ISP (radio button)
- Enter our DNS information using only the name server names NOT the IP address.
- Click: Submit
- You will be redirected to the main page and there should be a, "Name server modifications are pending," notice under the name server information for your domain name.
International Domain Names
- Go to: Tucows.
- Click on End User on the left-hand navigation
- Select Manage Your Domain. Use your domain name, username and password to log in.
- Scroll down and click on Manage Name Servers.
- Edit the Primary and Secondary Server Hostname by entering our DNS information.
- Click on Save/Submit and when the screen refreshes you will see the numerical server IP addresses.
- In addition, using the menu at the top of the screen, you can select any of the domain name registration information that you wish to update, such as the Administrative Contact.
For International domains, please visit allwhois.com to find your domain registrar. They can provide the procedure for updating DNS Information. When prompted, provide our DNS information.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any problems or questions.